Savory beef salad with champignons and pomegranate seeds
Upcoming holidays promise warm and cozy evenings, family gatherings around the dinner table with traditional and familiar dishes. Traditions are splendid and it is not necessary to abolish the turkey for Thanksgiving or the delicious cranberry sauce to it, but sometimes we tend to something new and original. A great easy way to boost the traditional cuisine with fresh accents is a new salad.
My salad is exactly what you need: it is light and rich at the same time. It combines fairly simple tastes, but smacks piquant. I offer the salad recipe with beef, champignons and pomegranate seeds. Sourish pomegranate spices meat dishes with special flavor and desired freshness. In addition, pomegranate seeds make salad vivid and expressive.
Another feature of this salad is mayonnaise, which I offer you to do by yourself. So we get the salad ingredients that just will not raise questions and suspicions: no flavorings or preservatives.
So, create festive mood for yourself: switch on soft music, pour out some good wine and start cooking! Your cheer is so important in culinary masterpiece creation process and results in particular taste of the course.
1. Wash well, dry and chop coarsely fillets of beef. Put the meat on a heated pan with oil and fry on both sides until proper doneness (10-15 minutes). If desired, you can replace the beef fillets with gentler pork.
2. Separately, fry champignons (also up to the desired degree of readiness). Mushrooms have a very delicate taste and so they shall not get lost among the other ingredients. The best decision is to cut them quite large or leave uncut, if they are small.
3. Pill off onion and cut it into thin half-rings, splash up with vinegar and pour over with boiling-hot water for a couple of minutes, then draft. You can also add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. It is better to tear salad leaves by hand. You can use any sort of salad leaves or the mixture.
5. Nuts should be slightly crushed with a knife. If desired, the nuts can be lightly fried in a dry frying pan about 15 minutes; stir occasionally when frying and then pill off a thin skin. It is important not to overgrind nuts and put them in the salad in medium pieces, because walnut adds special piquancy to the dish, thus it must be felt.
6. Prepare the dressing: homemade mayonnaise. Firstly, whip well one egg with a hand blender, then slowly pour oil (150 -200 m) into the mixed egg continuing whipping. Add a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of sugar and a tablespoon of vinegar as well as a teaspoon half of mustard. Whip until desired consistence. Taste the sauce obtained and add more salt, sugar or vinegar if required.
7. Separate pomegranate seeds. Now you can start salad designing. First of all, lay out salad leaves. Top leaves with meat and champignons. Then put sick spots of dressing and lavishly sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Read more: Jam-Based Crumbly Cake with Simple Frosting